It started functioning right from the beginning of the college in 1981. Having space of 2800 sq.ft and a collection of 18708 books, 44 journals, and 10 periodicals on all relevant subjects. The library is automated using ‘e – library solutions’, a well known library management s/w which has a number of advanced features, enabling the college library more user oriented. You will get more idea about Library from www.stjosephlibraryblog.wordpress.com
Library is a treasure house of knowledge, and a well-equipped, efficiently functioning library is imperative to each centre of learning. The College Library is the beating heart of St.Joseph’s College, Moolamattom. The college library having a space of 2,800 sq. ft., and has a collection of 17151 books, 44 periodicals and journals on all relevant subjects. Back Volumes of Periodicals and Journals are bounded and kept for reference. A Career Guidance Cell is also operated in the library to give the students information regarding career and job opportunities. The computerized information on library facilitates the use of library with regard to the availability of books. The library works from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
The Central Library functions in the ground floor of the College. There are three separate sections – one for the newspapers, periodicals and journals, second one for subject books and the third one for career guidance and reference books. In addition to the 20, 000 books, the College subscribe journals, newspapers and periodicals. E-journals are also subscribed through the NLIST facility UGC INFLIBNET portal. The services of a Librarian and an Assistant Librarian are made available on all working days.
- The members of the staff and students of the College are entitled to the use of the College library and reading room.
- The library and reading room will function from 9.00 a. m. to 4. 00 p. m. on all working days. On holidays other than Sunday and public holidays, the library and reading room remain open from 10.00 am to 4.00 p.m.
- Strict silence should be observed in and around the library. Students are allowed to take only a note book into the library hall. Other printed materials, bags, laptops, umbrellas etc., should be left at the entrance
- Students should produce their identity cards if demanded by the library staff.
- Students may take periodicals from the shelf after entering their names in the Periodicals Issue Register. The periodicals must be put back in the same place after reading. Periodicals will be lent for one day after 15 days of their arrival.
- The maximum period of loan for books is fixed for 14 days. Students may also take books for reference to be used within the library. Those who fail to return books after 14 days will have to pay a fine of Rs 1.00 only per day. If a book is not returned within a month that book will be considered lost.
- Only two books at a time will be issued to the degree students. The P. G. students may take three books at a time. Issue will be made to them only on the basis of the availability of the books. Students are not allowed to take books from the shelves without the permission of the library staff. They shall not handle books carelessly or put them in a haphazard manner.
- The members of the staff may keep books (maximum ten)only for fourteen days. Books shall not be lent through messenger but returned through them.
- No person shall tear out, write upon or make any mark in any book or article belonging to the library. A book, if damaged or lost by a member he/ she has to pay a fine at the rate of three times the cost of the books.
- Before leaving the counter the members should examine the book borrowed and report to the library staff any damage found therein. If they fail to do so, they will be held responsible for any damage detected afterwards.
- The librarian may recall from a borrower any book at any time.
- Students shall not exchange their borrowers cards and books borrowed from the library. All the students are asked to return their borrowers cards by the end of their course.
- Since the library is fully automated members shall have the facility to search for the books and other details from the software.
- Students who lost Library Card should pay a fine whenever they apply for their certificates from the office.
Library Online Public Access Catalogue
Digital Reference Desk
Question Paper Archive
N-List e-journal Access
Information Literary Programme
SSP & WWS Programmes
Career Guidance Cell